At Interlake, we have been dedicated to the requirements of our customers since 1913; arranging delivery schedules, meeting tight timelines, and innovating to better utilize our modern, efficient fleet to satisfy our customers’ needs.
· Interlake is the only fleet on the Great Lakes to have achieved both ISO 9002 and ISM certifications, insuring our customers that high standards are part of our daily order of business.
· Our fleet of nine self-unloading vessels, ranging in carrying capacity from 21,300 to 68,000 gross tons, has a total trip capacity of 380,760 gross tons.
· At 1,013.5 x 105 x 56 feet, with a capacity of 68,000 gross tons, the M/V Paul R. Tregurtha is the longest vessel on the Great Lakes.
· At 606 x 70 feet, with a capacity of 21,300 gross tons, the Tug/Barge Dorothy Ann-Pathfinder is small enough and maneuverable enough to fit into the tightest of ports.
· Interlake has navigated the largest steamships on the Calumet River in South Chicago, the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland, and the Buffalo and Manistee Rivers.
· We have expanded the number of ports where 1,000-foot ships can trade. Our three maximum size 1,000-foot vessels have been the first to load or unload at Marquette, Saginaw Bay, Nanticoke, and Muskegon, among others.
· Our ships are equipped with the latest noise reduction and dust suppression systems to minimize impact on the environment and to help our customers maintain good relationships within their "neighborhoods."
Whether you are a long-term Interlake customer or meeting us for the first time, we pledge to you our commitment to solving your transportation requirements.
Quality, Safety and Environmental Policy
Interlake Steamship is committed to providing innovative solutions, quality service and the highest possible level of customer satisfaction. We operate in the safest and most environmentally responsible manner possible through established continual improvement, quality, safety and environmental management practices, while maintaining compliance with all mandatory rules and regulations.
We deliver solutions.
Send email to the Interlake Marketing Department.